The company was established in 1955 as Farkas Barron (Canada) Limited, a subsidiary of Farkas Barron, a New York Consulting firm, under the management of Jerry Jablonsky. From the beginning, the firm provided consulting services for large developments in the Toronto area. The name of the company was changed to Farkas Barron Jablonsky Consulting Engineers in the early 60’s to reflect the growing importance of Canadian management and ownership of the firm.
By the early 1970’s, the firm’s capabilities and reputation were firmly established, as being able to undertake virtually any structural engineering design assignment. By 1980, the company’s name was changed to Jablonsky Associates, with Paul Ast and Jerry Garshon being made partners along with Jerry Jablonsky. The firm was then fully Canadian owned.