Member – Reinforcing Steel Institute of Canada Placing Reinforcing Bars Manual
Canadian Version 1st Edition
From General Contractors to bar fabricators to on site Rodmen, Detailers, Estimators, Field Inspectors, students and every position in-between, this publication will prove to be a vital asset for anyone involved with reinforced concrete construction in Canada.
“This book describes the duties and work performed from the time reinforcing steel is first delivered to the jobsite until it is completely placed and covered in concrete.”
Adapted by the Reinforcing Steel Institute of Canada (RSIC) from the 9th Edition Placing Reinforcing Bars guide, this manual comprehensively covers best practices for the placement of reinforcing steel and related products in Canada.
Chapter Headings Include:
- Safety Precautions
- Reinforced Concrete Building Construction
- Fabricated Reinforcing Bars
- Unloading, Storing and Handling Reinforcing Bars at the Jobsite
- Placing Drawings and Bar Lists
- Standard Practice – Bar Supports
- General Principles for Placing, Splicing and Tying Reinforcing Bars
- Placing Reinforcing Bars in Footings, Walls and Columns
- Placing Reinforcing Bars in Floors and Roofs
- Placing Reinforcing Bars in Post-Tensioned Floor Systems
- Bridges and Transportation Structures
- Inspection of Reinforcing Steel
- Corrosion-Protection Systems
To place an order for the Canadian Placing Manual by mail click here for a PDF download, Adobe Acrobat Reader is required.