There are many positions available in the fabrication shop to suit varying strengths and interests.
Some of the positions typical to many fabrication shops are as follows;
- The Shear Operator cuts the stock length steel to the specifications provided by the detailer.
- The Bender bends the steel to specifications provided to them.
- There are varying types of bending machines that each requires their own operator.
- The Crane Operators load and unload incoming and outgoing trucks as well as move steel from the stock piles to the various machines (shears, benders, shanks, straighteners etc.)
- Threaders operate the required machinery to thread bars in order to suit the required mechanical coupling systems.
Shop Workers have one of the most critical responsibilities in the fabrication process as ultimately what is sent to site is what is fabricated by the shop.